rrrrr. But the dress is done. Well, maybe not.

Well the skirt is sewn on to the bodice. I didn't have enough fabric though to pleat the skirt all the way around, and I tried 1/4", 1/2" and 5/8th knife pleats, but ended up going with 1" knife. I did lacing rings for closing the bodice cause I have a hard time getting my eyelets holes big enough, and I wanted to try something new. I am really happy with how fast it took, but, and I am not sure why, I can't get the dress as tight as I would like.

From Projects


From Projects


From Projects


From Projects


I am not happy with how it looks. With the front looking so flat, it doesn't seem to have the right look for 1560-1570 working garb. So, I am ripping the skirt out and starting again. This does mean that I will not have it ready for the event next week, but I may have it ready for an event at the end of the month. While I am very bummed that I will have to ware another dress, one that isn't for my persona, I am happy that I don't have the time crunch on me any more. I will be getting a partlet ready for hand sewing while I am at the event.

I think when I am done with this I should have some good stuff for a A&S competition. No matter what, I have learned a good amount from doing this dress.

Comments

kargashina said…
huh.. maybe we need to look at how the rings are set up, also try it over the chemise.. bring it to the april fool's meeting??
yeah. Maybe I will have the skirt re-attached by then. well maybe. Not sure what all I will have to try to do that day.

Popular Posts