I really want to update this more often...

But life isn't always what we plan for.

Life has been very busy and I have had the ultimate threat put forth to me from my husband; Make me nice garb, or I will find another tailor!

It isn't like he is just now asking. But we have been fighting over where to put our "court" garb at. The great kilt that he loves to wear at hot camping events will not go away. We have though agreed to disagree when it comes to the time of our personas. I am LOVING the 1400s garb. So comfy, no corsets, and no trim which means the time and cost for each garment is much less then the late 1500s stuff we were working on. He though has been pulled more towards the early 1500s. While his persona is Scottish, he is a lowland Scott and a more courtly Scott so the look of his garb is much like the English.

So we will have a good 50 years between where our personas are as far as garb goes, but we are both ok with that. If someday he ever gets good at fighting or we go for a Baronial position (meaning the ones wearing the Baronial crowns), one of us may have to change our garb a bit. There isn't a big difference in the garbs in that 60 years between about 1460 to 1520, but there is enough that when we get nice court garb made and we stand next to each other, those with a trained eye will see the gap in time. But for now as we keep in our lower nobility ways, working hard for King and Kingdom, the difference will not be that bad.

The main reason he has set this to me is that we have an event coming up where for once, he will be the one running around crazy busy. He isn't the autocrat, main person running the event, but he is the Registrar for Known World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium, 2010. He will be mostly at gate for checking people in, but it will be a lot of leaning over and such and the kilt will get in the way. So him saying this is perfectly fair... just scary for me.

If you have read any of my past posts, you would know that for some reason, I have a fear over making his stuff way more then stuff for me. I am not sure why, but no matter what, this is the firm kick in the butt that I have needed. I know I can do his stuff. I just need to do it. So hopefully by the end of the week, I will have a test set of garb for him to try out (not from my precious linen and wool, mind you).

Comments

Popular Posts