July 7, 2007: The plan

Here is what I am hoping to do from the portrait.
1. Gold colored silk thread that I already have one spool of will be whipped stitch around the ending for the ruffs. (will need to get another)
2. Hand embroider the roses and put either gold colored knots in the center (wil have to practice that) or gold seed beads (will more then likely do that)
3. use black luset cording on the trim of the bodice and sewing on with whip stitch using gold silk thread.
4. will make the arms and Partlet one piece to make it easer to ware. I will wear a smock under that since you can kinda see one in the portrait.
5. I am still thinking about the other trim. May buy something or may make it. Still thinking on that one.
6. the hat. Need to do some research on that since I am not sure on the style. I also see a Caul and I will make out of red fabric. Not sure if I will use the linen I have a try my hand at dyeing it, or by something since I will only need less then a yard.
7. Jewelry. …. Going to have to think more about that one.
8. I see that the girdle belt is made out of a white/cream fabric.
8. Will have to make a bumroll.


I have a lot of liberty with the lower half since it is not in the portrait. Is it one in the frount? Is there trim on it? The only clue I have is that it is made out of the same fabric as the bodice and that there are no tabs. Beyond that, I get to guess.

Comments

12th Night is long enough away you can do this correctly. Heck I have seen beginners have a hand written page of 'documentation' for thier efforts. You also do not need to have it done BY hand. You can have embroidery done by machine as long as you make sure they know it is so. I have in fact that design for Husqvarna if you want it. I want to do a Smock or Partlet and Sleeves but I am doing it with purple silk instead of the red.

Good luck if you are part of the Elizabethan Garb Yahoo Group you should put this up for the Silver Semptress Competition we are having it begins in August!
This is my project for that.

Popular Posts