a change of gears

There is a part of me that feels that my goal of being a Laurel some day may need to be put on hold. Mostly cause the drive for me to serve is more then my drive to make stuff. I also am hoping to FINALLY be able to start doing archery. Archery was what I was wanting to do the most when we first started the SCA. Real wood bows and arrows have been something I have wanted to do for some time. I have had to wait on it though cause the cost and time was not in the cards. I have also had issues with getting major bruises on my arm from the string hit my elbow. This weekend though I was able to use some loaner gear and have been able to get some shooting done without hitting my arm. Thank you Robert for the tip. Also, I get some good pain from hand sewing, which I love to do, so I can only do so much at a time with a long brake in between. Tonight though I will be teaching a class on fingerloop braiding for my barony. I still want to do this, but service if what I do better. Is it frustrating, but it is what it is. I have always said that if G-D doesn't want me to do something, he will put blocks in my path. He hasn't put blocks in my path to serve others with my voice so I will continue to do so. Putting a dream on the shelf is hard, but I feel it is more mature for me to acknowledge what is and go on to more productive things. I do plan on sewing still, but my goal will be just to get some cloths on our backs for events.

With that, I will be changing the title of the blog, but not the html link. Just wanted to give those few that feed this a heads up.

Comments

Popular Posts