Oh, What a difference a day, and the right count fabric will make.

So I tested the #8 pearl cotton on the "for sure" 28 count. and yep, I was right that what I was using was 32 count. But now I have the perfect fabric if I want to do anything using Guterman silk 30m sewing thread. Once I get a bit more done, I will post more progression pictures. 

I do have another project that I want to do. A period Elizabethan coif using directions from the Elizabethan Costuming Page, and how to wear it from the Extreme Costuming site. I am planning on making a plane one first to see if I will need or want to make any alterations before I make one up with blackwork, something I haven't really tried yet. 

Although, I think I need to finish the changes to my main Elizabethan garb, and make up the long list of garb for my lord husband and my daughter. lol. And I have to finish my lords gambeson soon, and all I need to do is a bunch of hand sewing to cover all the raw edges. I also need to make an arming cap too. His helmet is pretty much a big bell and I would like to soften the ring when he gets hit to help save his hearing. For those that don't know, it is not a good idea for fighters to ware earplugs because if a child or pet run on to the field, they need to be able to hear the "HOLD." Us heralds can be loud, but I don't know if we can be that loud. lol

Comments

Amanda said…
I'm glad that your blogging again. It looks like your purse is going go be pretty neat.

Popular Posts